Last Modified: May 11, 2020
Welcome to the network of interactive services provided by Fantasy Sports Megapool (referred to as “Megapool,” “us,” or “we”) through our various brands, channels, sites, mobile or TV applications or other products and services that operate under the Fantasy Sports Megapool brands (collectively, the “Fantasy Sports Megapool Services”). Trust is a cornerstone of our mission at the Fantasy Sports Megapool. We are committed to gaining and maintaining your trust by following a core set of privacy principles:
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use Fantasy Sports Megapool Services, we collect a few different types, or “categories,” of information. This information generally falls within three broad categories: (a) the information you provide to us, (b) the information we collect automatically when you use our services, and (c) information we obtain from other sources. We describe this information, and the primary purpose for which it is used, below. The full description of how we use the personal information we collect is also provided below.
Information You Provide To Us
Fantasy Sports Megapool Services collects information you provide to us, including:
- Registration Information. When you register for certain services, complete any application form, or enter contests or competitions, we sometimes ask you for your name, email address, postal address, demographic information, and any preferences that you may have (e.g., which newsletters you would like to receive). We use this to provide access to certain Fantasy Sports Megapool Services, personalize them, and remember your preferences.
- Billing and Payment Information. When you place an order with us or access a particular service, we will collect certain payment and identity verification information, including your name, email address, and credit card information. We use this to bill you for your use of the Fantasy Sports Megapool Services.
- Information You Post on the Fantasy Sports Megapool Services. We collect personal information from you when you provide or post information to our Services, including your user name, comments, likes, interests, status, pictures and references to your online presence. We make this information available to others, as you request.
- Correspondence You Send Us. When you contact us directly by calling our offices or providing feedback, comments or suggestions on programs and other activities, we may collect the information you provide as part of your correspondence to Us. We use this to provide services to you and to learn about your interests and concerns.
- Information You Provide About Others. Sometimes, you may provide information about others — for example, to refer a friend to certain Fantasy Sports Megapool Services. We use this to make the Fantasy Sports Megapool Services available to the people you refer.
- Information you Provide Offline. You might also provide personal information to us in person and offline. You may be recorded if you visit our offices (including by security surveillance of our premises, including CCTV), or attend a live performance or the taping of one of our programs as a member of a studio audience, or, if you submit sweepstakes entrance forms or an application to participate in one of our programs by mail or in person. We use this information to provide services to you, protect our security, and learn about your preferences.
Information Collected Automatically Through Cookies and Other Online Tracking Technologies
We and our service providers operating on our behalf, other businesses who collect information on our pages, may automatically collect or receive certain information associated with you and/or your device(s) as part of your use of the Fantasy Sports Megapool Services through device-based tracking technologies such as cookies, pixels, tags, beacons, scripts or other technology. For more information about cookies and other tracking technologies visit privacy.Appian/cookies. The information we collect automatically includes geolocation data, such as (a) information that identifies the precise location of your mobile device (when you agree to allow an app to collect this) and (b) your IP address, which may be used to estimate your approximate location. We use this information to ensure that the Fantasy Sports Megapool Services work properly, and to deliver customized content and advertising, including personalized ads, to you.
Information We Obtain From Other Sources
The Fantasy Sports Megapool Services collect information about you from other sources, such as publicly available databases and other third parties that have the right to share your personal information. The categories of information we get from these other sources include:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, and telephone number, used to contact you;
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level, used to customize content and advertising, and learn about our audiences;
- Activity and usage information, including information about your interests, purchase behavior, and other navigation data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on, used to customize content and advertising;
- Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings used to customize content and advertising;
- Employment-related data, including information from a recruitment agency if you are applying for a job with us used to help us match applicants to open positions;
- Account and profile data from third-party sources. If you access third party social networking services (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) through a Fantasy Sports Megapool Service, or if you access a Fantasy Sports Megapool Service through one of these services, we may receive your username and password for those services and other information available about you or collected from you on those services, used to customize content and advertising and learn about our audiences and the popularity of our content, as described further in our Video Services and Social Networking Policy available at privacy.Appian/videoservices;
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Make the Fantasy Sports Megapool Services available to you, verify your identity when you log in, and remember your account settings.
- Bill you for subscription or other services for which there is a charge, and verify your identity or payment information for your security and protection.
- Respond to questions or concerns about your subscription or the Fantasy Sports Megapool Services, and send you alerts and important updates about your account or the Fantasy Sports Megapool Services.
- Send you updates and other offers, promotions, or updates for our products and services or the products and services of our advertising partners.
- Verify your entry into and eligibility to participate in contests, giveaways, or sweepstakes and inform you if you’ve won. If your entry information will be used for any other purposes, we will disclose that in the applicable rules governing that contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes.
- Provide content recommendations tailored to your tastes.
- Monitor and improve the operation, delivery, and general accessibility of the Fantasy Sports Megapool Services.
- Verify delivery and track performance of an advertising campaign and ensure that an ad is only delivered when a real person is visiting the site and that the same users don’t see the same ads too frequently.
- Provide you with personalized advertising on some of the Fantasy Sports Megapool Services based on your online activity. For more information on how your information on how your information is accessed and used for personalized advertising visit privacy.Appian/personalizedads.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Within the Fantasy Sports Megapool Services and with the Fantasy Sports Megapoolfamily of brands. Where permitted by law, we may share information we collect about you with the Fantasy Sports Megapool companies so that we can provide you with information about products and services that might interest you.
- Banks or Other Organizations In Connection with a Business Transfer. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a Fantasy Sports Megapool Service, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Regulators, Courts, Law Enforcement, and Other Governmental Authorities. We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligations. There may be circumstances where the law requires us to disclose the information, or where disclosure is required to prevent a risk to health or safety, or for law enforcement purposes.
- Authorized Service Providers. We share your contact information with vendors who help us with specialized services, including customer support, email and text message deployment, analytics, marketing, suppression list management and data processing. These Service Providers are allowed to use your contact information to help us provide our services and not for any other purpose.
- Audience Measurement Services. We share your information with audience measurement companies like Comscore and Nielsen that help us and other websites measure and understand the audiences that view our content.
- Video Viewing Behavior. Consistent with applicable law, we may share your video viewing behavior with third parties including advertising companies, analytics partners, and social media sites. For more information see the Video Services and Social Networking Policy at privacy.Appian/videoservices.
- Sponsors and Other Partners for Sweepstakes, Contests, or Giveaways. When you choose to enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the promotions, your information may be disclosed to our sponsors and others who help design, administer and implement the promotion, including in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment and aggregated data analysis. Your information also may be disclosed as required by law, such as on a winners list. Further, by entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, including allowing our sponsors to use your name, voice, and likeness in advertising and marketing associated with the promotion in accordance with applicable law. All terms applicable to the particular promotion will be made available to you at the time you enter the promotion.
MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION AND PRIVACY CHOICES
You have certain options and rights related to the information we collect and how that information is used. While we must continue to collect and store certain information that is required to allow you to take advantage of certain features and services offered on Fantasy Sports Megapool Services or to comply with legal, financial or other operational or regulatory requirements, your options for managing your information and privacy choices include:
- You can review and update your registration information through your account settings on the applicable Fantasy Sports Megapool Services.
- You can opt out of receiving emails or text messages from particular Fantasy Sports Megapool Services or other services or partners by following the instructions contained in any such message or by contacting us directly through your account settings. Please note that even if you unsubscribe to commercial messages, we may still need to send you communications relating to your use of the Fantasy Sports Megapool Services.
- You can deactivate web and mobile push notification by changing the notification settings on your device for mobile and account settings for web.
- To better understand your options for managing Personalized Advertising see our page on Personalized Advertising at privacy.Appian/personalizedads and Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies at privacy.Appian/cookies.
We are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using Fantasy Sports Megapool Services but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA VISITORS
For additional information for residents of the State of California visit ca.privacy.Appian.
INFORMATION FOR NEVADA VISITORS
Nevada law requires website operators to provide a way for Nevada consumers to opt out of the sale of certain information that the website operator may collect about them. This information is limited to direct identifiers, such as your name, postal address, and email address. When Nevada consumers opt out of the sale of their information, website operators must ensure that the information is not sold to another business that will further license or sell the information to others. If you are a Nevada resident and you would like to opt out of any possible sale of this information, please contact us here.
For all requests, you must put the statement “Your Nevada Privacy Rights” in the subject field of your request. You must also include your full name, street address, city, state, and zip code. We will not accept requests via telephone, postal mail, or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
VISITORS FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
For additional information about our privacy practices and additional rights you may have please click on the appropriate link for your jurisdiction:
The European Union
We are headquartered in Canada and has affiliate offices and partners in other countries. Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Fantasy Sports Megapool Services may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to the Canada or another country in accordance with applicable law. The privacy and data protection laws in the country to which your information is transferred may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. Your personal information may be subject to the laws of the country to which it is transferred and may be accessible without notice to you by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of that country. By using and participating in any Fantasy Sports Megapool Services or providing us with your information, you acknowledge the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
PRIVACY PROTECTION OF CHILDREN
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
Fantasy Sports Megapool Fantasy Sports Megapool Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any privacy concerns.